Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008 and 2011
We provide nationwide IT Outsourcing solutions for Small & Medium Businesses. Our help desk can increase your productivity by providing instant support to your users. Our affordable solutions, such as small business server will increase your business efficiency with the help of improved uptime and a better service, all at a cost that’s worth as well as easily affordable for you.
Research carried out by Microsoft in the USA suggests, that the businesses which moves to SBS are able to cover their investment cost (software, plus installation, any hardware upgrades, staff training and downtime), within an average period of just less than a year, while reporting significant ROI, mostly due to the increased productivity. The studies also found that, the ability to access work remotely leads to a better work/life balance for a number of small business owners. Small businesses are often slow to adopt new server technologies due to worries regarding cost, security and complexity. However, if you have fewer than 75 employees, SBS is an extremely cost efficient, secured and easily understandable way to harvest the technologies out of a number of cutting edge Microsoft server products all bundled into one quality software package.
Key technical features of Small Business Server
- file and printer sharing
- email and secure Internet access (requires account with an Internet Service Provider)
- remote access and support for mobile devices such as laptops
- business intranet and collaborative features using SharePoint Team Services
- backup and restore capabilities system
- enhanced security and improved stability system
- easily installable and maintainable
So how do I benefit from Windows Small Business Server?
- SBS is quick to install – it can be set up and configured within 24 hours- so, your staff won’t waste any valuable working hours.
- It can easily be set to run services automatically, for example the Backup Wizard ensures your data is backed up to a regular schedule – all you need to do is to insert the backup media.
- It is specifically designed so that, the basic functions can be monitored by your capable (but non-IT specialist) staff while, the more advanced aspects can be dealt remotely by a support company like Symstar IT who would make sure to maintain your system as cost effectively as possible.
What about the hassle of moving to a new server?
- Centralise access to information, applications and equipment
- shared files and folders are readily accessible, even when you are working remotely
- staff can access and share printers, fax services and other network resources easily, between one another
Ensure network security and privacy, thoroughly and easily
- Wizards simplify security settings and help ensure all the necessary security steps are taken while setting up your network
- Use software restriction policies to help prevent all those unapproved installations and also help protect against viruses and other attacks that may be harmful to your machine
- SBS includes an internal firewall along with supporting the external firewalls
- If you upgrade to Microsoft Office 2008 and 2011/2007, new features allow you to restrict access to documents and prevent a recipient from forwarding, printing, editing or any other alterations in your document’s valuable information.
Guard against data loss using backup and restore functions
Volume shadow copy service enables point-in-time backups and helps your backup procedures run quickly and with minimum errors The Backup Configuration Wizard guides you through the creation and implementation of a successful data backup strategy (what and when to back up and where to store the information). By default, it backs up all the data on the server that is necessary to completely restore that server.
Keep your business (and your server) up and running
- Improved monitoring tools and usage reports give details of network status (e.g. server activity), delivered online or by email
- remote monitoring and maintenance of server and workstations means that you don’t have to call the IT support for assistance every time, whenever a problem pops up
- If you have in-house IT staff, they benefit from the preconfigured management consoles and powerful tools such as Active Directory
- SBS is built on Windows Server, Microsoft’s most reliable network operating system so far, which enables you to focus only on your business and not on the various IT problems because, that’s taken care by us.
Access information from anywhere, anytime
- Outlook Web Access and VPN (virtual private network) connections over the Internet allow secure access to email and also shared network resources.
- Remote Web Workplace, the new remote portal, allows only the duly authorised users to work remotely using, an interface very similar to their normal office desktop.
- Businesses running with the premium edition with SQL Server 2000 can now establish an interactive Web presence with an unlimited number of visitors
Improve team performance through enhanced collaboration
- Windows SharePoint Services (not included in previous versions of SBS 2000) provides a centralized location for working together and sharing documents. Document management features include the ability to check documents in and out to avoid any confusion over the versions.
- A pre-configured Intranet based on SharePoint Services allows staff to share information, including document libraries, announcements, a holiday calendar, events, and links. They can also participate in surveys or discussion groups.
- With the enhanced security features of SBS, you can safely create portals to communicate and collaborate with customers or business partners
- Enhanced Microsoft Outlook Web Access enables users to access an Internet version of Microsoft Office Outlook 2008 and 2011/2007 to share files and schedules
Improve your professional image, and work more effectively
- If you are not already doing so, you can host your own email, create a company Web presence, and access business information remotely.
- Respond more quickly to customer enquiries, with better access to shared corporate information. Rather than going through paper files, take the advantage to keep all your valuable documentations together in a central repository using the SharePoint services
- Use your increased productivity to focus on the other useful aspects of business like marketing and gaining new customers
Be in a position where it is easy to grow your IT together with your business
- If you already have a Windows Server, you can use it as a dedicated line-of-business server, hand in hand with the SBS
- When your business expands, the Migration Pack enables you to grow from SBS server to the components included within the product (including Windows Server 2008 and 2011,
Exchange Server 2008 and 2011, SQL Server 2000, and Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000).
Which edition do I need? What type of licence?
SBS server is available in two editions: standard and premium. The standard edition is ideal for many businesses, but you may need the premium edition if your answer is a yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you need to monitor or control who can access the Internet?
- Do you need to support a significant relational business database?
- Do you need to be able to run full text searches within a document library?
- Do you need to create your own customised solutions for Windows SharePoint Services?
- Do you want to develop a website using Microsoft Office FrontPage?